Waterman Grille is looking for a Server to join the team.
Inside an historic 1871 gatehouse perched over the Seekonk River, the Waterman Grille presents a vibrant culinary experience on Providence’s East Side. Our cooking philosophy is inspired by the seasons, emphasizing fresh, local ingredients, with lively flavors and technique emboldened by the embers of our wood-fired grill. Waterman Grille is proud to be part of the Newport Restaurant Group!
About the POSITION: In the Server role, you will be interacting, taking orders, and serving meals to guests in the dining area.
About YOU: You are energetic, highly motivated, and have a passion for hospitality where pleasing our guests comes naturally. You are able to work in a fast-paced environment, possess excellent multitasking skills, and are willing to work as part of a team.
- Present menu, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service
- Record orders in POS System
- Relay orders to kitchen and serve courses from kitchen/service bars
- Observe diners to respond to any additional requests
- Total bills and accept payments
- Always maintain composure and hospitality nature with guests and other staff
- Minimum of 2 years of previous fine dining server experience preferred
- Must have flexible schedule to work during days, nights, weekends, and some holidays as needed
- Must hold Alcohol Safety Certification
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and move 25-50 pounds
- Be collaborative, using a team approach to creating an equitable workplace environment and have respectful working relationships
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Ability Assist (EAP)
- Great 401K match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Perk Spot options
- Discounted BJ’s Membership
- Holiday Appreciation Bonus
- RI/MA Sick Leave
- Depending on your hours, you may also be eligible for
- Flex Spending Account
- Excellent Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- Anniversary Pay
ABOUT Newport Restaurant Group: We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses! We have one of the strongest, friendliest hospitality staffs in New England. Our common goal is to make people happy through great food, great locations and great teamwork. If you feel the same, we want to hear from you.