Newport Restaurant Group is looking for a Sales & Event Manager to join our team.
Our Sales & Event Managers are passionate and energetic, with a talent for pleasing and impressing guests. The Sales & Event Manager is responsible for planning events and generating private dining sales. The business is primarily social-based, with event sizes between 12-100 guests. This individual will work closely with the operations and culinary team to provide the most up to date and accurate information to ensure the client’s expectations are exceeded from event set up to menu execution. This position will be responsible for our restaurant locations in Rhode Island.
The Sales & Event Manager must be able to work independently and is able to work weekdays as well as weekends, when needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Maintain high level of knowledge of major competitors
- Have full knowledge of booking parameters and function room specifications
- Responsible for knowledge of private dining locations, menus, and services.
- Conduct site inspections, negotiate contracts, prepare event costing summaries, write proposals, prepare and collect invoices
- Establish contact with event contact upon point of definite sale.
- Responsible for up-selling linen food, beverage, event time, and additional event upgrades
- Ensure all company policies, town ordinances, and related laws are followed by all staff, guests, and vendors at all times
- Work as a team with the culinary and banquet departments to thoroughly plan highly customized and memorable events
- Adheres to policy regarding guarantees, advance deposits, final payment, trace systems and correspondence
- Schedules details appointment, prepare and distribute all sales correspondence.
- Create the banquet event order (BEO), floor plan and estimate for each event assigned from the information generated from the questionnaire, correspondence and details appointment
- Attend and participate in internal and industry Meetings and Events, which may take place prior to or after business hours
- Attend events as needed to meet and greet client and ensure all details are setup to expectations
- Additionally, this individual must be able to adapt to the constant changes of event business due to weather, COVID restrictions, and guest preferences.
Newport Restaurant Group is proud to be 100% Employee-Owned. What does it mean to work for a 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy, and talents in our businesses.
Our Benefits include
- Competitive compensation and commission plan
- Sick, Holiday and Vacation paid time off
- Excellent health and dental benefits with a flex spending account option
- Room for Career Advancement
- Great 401K match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
Background and Qualifications
To be considered for the position individuals must have:
- Ideal candidates will have at least 4 years of event coordination experience in the food-beverage-hospitality industry.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive working relationship with all departments.
- Must have strong administrative skills, organized and detail oriented and prepared to multitask and work efficiently in a fast paced, high volume, aggressive sales atmosphere
- Experience with high-end weddings and customized events required
- Hotel/resort/Food and Beverage experience preferred
- Prior responsibility of financial performance preferred
If you are passionate about food, beverage, hospitality and want to be part of an employee-owned company, consider joining our team.