The Mooring is looking for a Restaurant Manager to join our team.
We are looking for a Restaurant Manager who is passionate, energetic and enjoys interacting with guests. The ideal candidate will have a strong hospitality and service background. They will be able to work as part of a team and develop others around them. Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
The Restaurant Manager will be responsible for the oversight and management of all daily restaurant operations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Operation of all dining service, including all meal periods and private dining.
- Hands on development and training of all service employees and positions-specific areas to include: Guest Service, Table Service, Food and Beverage Knowledge, Etiquette, Professional and Personal Presentation
- Development and oversight of all dining room supervisory positions
- Oversight of inventory, purchasing and storage of beverage and non beverage service products and inventory.
- Set and maintain the standard for positive communications between all departments
- Oversight of and approval of weekly scheduling for all front of house operations.
- Daily Monitoring of staffing levels to insure proper service standards.
- Reviewing and coding of invoices throughout the week.
- Follows budgetary requirements on purchasing and staffing
- Maintains professional relationships with subordinates to maintain appropriate employer and employee relationship to not disrupt the chain of command and or a professional workplace environment.
- Ability to communicate deficiencies in operations, performance; legal and safety concerns to GM in expeditious fashion.
The Mooring Seafood Kitchen and Bar is part of Newport Restaurant Group and we are proud to be 100% Employee-Owned. What does it mean to work for a 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses.
Our Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation
- Sick, Holiday and Vacation paid time of
- Excellent health and dental benefits with a flex spending account option
- Room for Career Advancement
- Great 401K match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
Background and Qualifications:
To be considered for the position individuals must have
- Minimum of 3 years as a Restaurant Manager in an upscale, high volume establishment
- Proven problem-solving abilities with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to build relationships and manage staff
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Strong computer & automation skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, POS, Inventory & Labor systems, etc.)
If you are passionate about food, beverage, hospitality and want to be part of an employee-owned company, consider joining the Mooring team and watch your hard work be rewarded.