Newport Restaurant Group is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join the team.
About the Position: The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing preventive maintenance and other maintenance functions necessary to sustain and enhance our equipment and facilities. The Maintenance job is Monday through Friday with some nights and weekend calls. It is an early morning start at 5AM. The position must be able to work independently and will be required to travel to multiple restaurant locations in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. A company vehicle is provided for this position.
About You: You have a passion for hospitality and the ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Preventive maintenance on HVAC, refrigeration, grease traps, and other various equipment
- Performs basic electrical, plumbing and carpentry as needed
- Performs assigned tasks (daily/weekly/bi-weekly/monthly/annually)
- Performs repairs/replaces tile, grout and caulking for facility
- Repairs drywall, decks, siding, doors, fencing, various paint prep and quality painting for facility
- Completes work orders in a timely manner
- Responds to emergency work orders
- 2-3 years general maintenance and will have High School Diploma and/or experience
- Trade school or college course work in a related field preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have flexible schedule to work during days, nights, weekends, and some holidays as needed
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to lift and move up to 100 pounds
- Must be able to climb ladders and operate basic hand and power tools
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Be collaborative, using a team approach to creating an equitable workplace environment and have respectful working relationships
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation – $20 / hour
- Sick, Holiday, and Vacation paid time off
- Excellent health, dental and vision benefits with a flex spending account option
- Ability Assist (EAP)
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Short term disability (MA only)
- Great 401k match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Perk spot options
- Fully paid BJ’s membership
- Manager’s Dining Card
About Newport Restaurant Group: We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses! We have one of the strongest, friendliest hospitality staffs in New England. Our common goal is to make people happy through great food, great locations and great teamwork. If you feel the same, we want to hear from you.