Iron Works is looking for a Line Cook / Prep Cook to join the team. We are looking for full availability for a full-time position!
More gastropub than classic tavern, Iron Works serves innovative and updated takes on American classics, all from a building deeply steeped in the historical fabric of Warwick. Iron Works also boasts an extensive beer and cocktail program, highlighting many of the local breweries that make the New England beer scene so dynamic. Iron Works is proud to be part of the Newport Restaurant Group!
About the POSITION: In the Line Cook role, you will be preparing, seasoning, and cooking soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other food for customers. In the Prep Cook role, you will be performing various food preparation, cooking and cleaning tasks to ensure the kitchen remains efficient in creating and delivering dishes for customers.
About YOU: You are passionate about food. You have a strong sense of urgency, great organizational skills, and a positive attitude. You have prior cooking experience or are willing to learn a new skill!
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, and casseroles
- Washes, peels, cuts, and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use
- Prepares meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods
- Prepares food products as determined by recipe, technique and procedure
- Must have flexible schedule to work during days, nights, weekends, and some holidays as needed
- Prior experience
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must have basic knife skills, cleanliness, and organization
- Must be able tor read English
- Ability to lift and move 25-50 pounds
- Be collaborative, using a team approach to creating an equitable workplace environment and have respectful working relationships
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation – $18-22 / hour
- Pay based on level of prior experience
- Ability Assist (EAP)
- Great 401K match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Perk Spot options
- Discounted BJ’s Membership
- Holiday Appreciation Bonus
- RI/MA Sick Leave
- Depending on your hours, you may also be eligible for
- Flex Spending Account
- Excellent Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- Vacation paid time off
ABOUT Newport Restaurant Group: We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses! We have one of the strongest, friendliest hospitality staffs in New England. Our common goal is to make people happy through great food, great locations and great teamwork. If you feel the same, we want to hear from you.
If this is the position for you – chat with Sam, our AI chat assistant, to apply!