Castle Hill Inn is looking for a Kitchen Expeditor to join the team.
Nestled on 40 acres overlooking the southwestern corner of Narragansett Bay, Castle Hill Inn – a Relais & Chateaux hotel – is a coastal haven where guests come to relax and rejuvenate against a spectacular New England backdrop, a location that is second to none. The property features guest rooms that are perched on the sand dunes of our private beach, a banquet facility, and two restaurants featuring the talents of the culinary team. This role is specific to The Lawn Restaurant at Castle Hill. The Lawn restaurant serves from 11:30am – 8:00pm daily, serving the same menu throughout the day up to 700 guests in peak season. Castle Hill Inn is proud to be part of the Newport Restaurant Group!
About the Position: In the Kitchen Expeditor role, you will be calling out and verifying food orders in the restaurant, while also Assisting with delivery of food (or beverage when necessary) to guests. This role is a key part of this operation, as they are the connection between the team of food runners delivering the items, and the chefs preparing each dish. The schedule for this position can be arranged as a four-day workweek to include 4x ten-hour days with a break between the high-volume periods.
About You: You are positive and energetic with a great attitude. You are looking to be part of a team, while still being able to work independently, in a fast-paced environment. You have prior food running/line cook experience or are willing to learn as a new skill!
- Quickly read and diagnose each food ticket in order to prioritize, highlight allergies, and communicate any issues
- Maintain an organized workstation of both the printed tickets and continual flow of finished dishes ready to serve
- Communicate clearly to the chef on duty, and to the food runners, to make sure that the right dish is delivered the right guest at the right time
- Must have flexible schedule to work during days, nights, weekends, and some holidays as needed
- Prior experience as a food runner or line cook a plus
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Exemplify a level of calm control in a busy work environment
- Ability to lift and move 25-50 pounds
- Be collaborative, using a team approach to creating an equitable workplace environment and have respectful working relationships
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation – this is a tipped position with a higher base wage determined on experience
- Ability Assist (EAP)
- Great 401K match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Perk Spot options
- Discounted BJ’s Membership
- Holiday Appreciation Bonus
- RI/MA Sick Leave
- Depending on your hours, you may also be eligible for
- Flex Spending Account
- Excellent Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- Anniversary pay
About Newport Restaurant Group: We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses! We have one of the strongest, friendliest hospitality staffs in New England. Our common goal is to make people happy through great food, great locations and great teamwork. If you feel the same, we want to hear from you.