Castle Hill Inn is looking for a Barback to join the team.
Nestled on 40 acres overlooking the southwestern corner of Narragansett Bay, Castle Hill Inn – a Relais & Chateaux hotel – is a coastal haven where guests come to relax and rejuvenate against a spectacular New England backdrop, a location that is second to none. The property features guest rooms that are perched on the sand dunes of our private beach, a banquet facility, and two restaurants featuring the talents of the culinary team. Castle Hill Inn is proud to be part of the Newport Restaurant Group!
About the Position: In the Barback role, you will be cleaning bar and equipment, and replenishing bar supplies such as liquor, fruit, ice, and dishes. We are open seven days per week, with up to five different bars operating at the same time! We are looking for candidates that can work a flexible schedule through the bulk of our season, and part time thereafter (Columbus Day). Pay is primarily based on tips shared from bartending teams paid out daily.
About You: You are positive and energetic with a great attitude. You are looking to be part of a team, while still being able to work independently, in a fast-paced environment. You have prior barbacking experience or are willing to learn as a new skill!
- Washes glasses, bar equipment and polishes bar fixtures
- Removes empty bottles and trash
- Mixes and prepares flavors for mixed drinks
- Stocks fridge units with wines and bottled beer
- Replaces empty beer kegs with full ones
- Prepares fruits for garnish
- Keeps all cooler and fridge units clean and in order
- Must have flexible schedule to work during days, nights, weekends, and some holidays as needed
- Prior experience a plus but not required
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and move 25-50 pounds
- Be collaborative, using a team approach to creating an equitable workplace environment and have respectful working relationships
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Ability Assist (EAP)
- Great 401K match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Perk Spot options
- Discounted BJ’s Membership
- Holiday Appreciation Bonus
- RI/MA Sick Leave
- Depending on your hours, you may also be eligible for
- Flex Spending Account
- Excellent Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- Vacation paid time off
About Newport Restaurant Group: We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses! We have one of the strongest, friendliest hospitality staffs in New England. Our common goal is to make people happy through great food, great locations and great teamwork. If you feel the same, we want to hear from you.