Castle Hill Inn is looking for a Banquet Utility Woker to join the team.
Nestled on 40 acres overlooking the southwestern corner of Narragansett Bay, Castle Hill Inn – a Relais & Chateaux hotel – is a coastal haven where guests come to relax and rejuvenate against a spectacular New England backdrop, a location that is second to none. The property features guest rooms that are perched on the sand dunes of our private beach, a banquet facility, and two restaurants featuring the talents of the culinary team. Castle Hill Inn is proud to be part of the Newport Restaurant Group!
About the Position: We are creating one great team that will work together to set up & serve highly customized special event throughout the season beginning in April and working through early November. Our events are mostly weddings, making the bulk of our business weekend evenings.
About You: You have a strong hospitality and service background whom pleasing and impressing guests comes naturally.
- Follow all Catering, Inn and Corporate policies and procedures
- Set-up, clean, maintain and breakdown events
- Move, clean, repair and store all equipment, chairs, tables and linen
- Maintain cleanliness of all function and storage space
- Strong focus on maintaining and enhancing all service standards
- Maintain professional appearance and positive attitude towards guest and other employees at all times
- Maintain a clean and organized work area as well as storage areas
- Complete all assigned side-work
- Must have flexible schedule to work during days, nights, weekends, and some holidays as needed
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and move 25-75 pounds
- Be collaborative, using a team approach to creating an equitable workplace environment and have respectful working relationships
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation – $22 / hour
- Ability Assist
- Great 401k match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Perk Spot options
- Discounted BJ’s membership
- Holiday Appreciation Bonus
- RI/MA sick leave
- Depending on your hours, you may be eligible for:
- Flex Spending Account
- Excellent Health Benefits
ABOUT Newport Restaurant Group: We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses! We have one of the strongest, friendliest hospitality staffs in New England. Our common goal is to make people happy through great food, great locations and great teamwork. If you feel the same, we want to hear from you.
If this is the position for you – chat with Sam, our AI chat assistant, to apply!