Foodlove Market is the newest addition to Newport Restaurant Group, and we are looking for a Sushi Chef/Sushi Cook to join our mission of providing an unparalleled retail experience. This is a year-round position.
Foodlove Market will offer a variety of quick service counters featuring pastries, coffee and drinks, pizza, sushi, grab-and-go meal options and more.
Cooks hired now are eligible for a bonus of $125.00/week for 90 days based on a 32hr/ week minimum.
Site Opens May 4th – Come down, apply in person and interview with one of our Managers on the spot.
HIRING SITE HOURS – Monday – Friday 10:00am to 6:00pm
LOCATION – 1037 Aquidneck Avenue, Middletown RI
Our Sushi department will provide customers with a variety of delicious raw, cooked, and vegetable rolls. This position will play a valuable role by assisting in the creation of the many great sushi products we offer, while providing incredible service to our customers. If you have a passion for sushi and are looking to develop your culinary skills and talents, this could be the role for you.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepares product from scratch using various raw fish and other fresh ingredients – sushi menu items including maki, nigiri and sashimi and other familiar Japanese cuisine
- Inspecting the quality of fruits, vegetables, and fish used to prepare sushi dishes and informing the supervisor when quality is sub-standard.
- Maintains appropriate supply of product inventory
- Provides for adequate and proper storage and refrigeration for product and ingredients
- Exemplary knife skills – cutting, slicing, and filleting different types of fish.
- Experienced with traditional sushi preparation and various forms (rolls, temaki, nigiri, sashimi, futomaki, etc), including choice of ingredients, design, and presentation.
Newport Restaurant Group is 100% Employee Owned. What does it mean to work for a 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses.
Benefits we offer
- Competitive hourly wages based on experience $15.00 – $21.00hr
- Flexible Scheduling – Part Time & Full Time
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- Training & opportunities for advancement in a growing company
- Healthcare benefits available for eligible hourly employees and all salaried employees
- Great 401K match
Background & Qualifications:
- To be considered, candidates must be flexible and able to work days, nights, weekends and some holidays, as needed.
- Knowledgeable in Asian and/or Japanese cuisine. Good knowledge of various sushi types and sushi-rolling technique.
- Knowledge of all products carried and visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures, effective time management and organization skills.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions
- 2 years culinary education or experience and/or training as a Sushi Chef in an Asian restaurant.
If you are passionate and want to be part of an employee-owned company, join our team of employee owners today and watch you hard work be rewarded.