Foodlove Market, the newest addition to Newport Restaurant Group, is seeking a Sous Chef to join our team. The Sous Chef will be a part of a passionate culinary team and work with the Executive Production Chef to oversee all culinary operations for our new food market experience, to include prepared meals to go, made to order station, sushi, pizza, retail, bakery, pastries, delivery and catering.
The Sous Chef must be a positive and energetic leader who has the organizational skills to support a high-volume production/commissary kitchen. The ideal candidate will be passionate about preparing exceptional food with a deep level of understanding and appreciation for cooking technique, culture building and training.
The ideal candidate will have experience in overseeing a commissary kitchen or similar production cooking capacity. High quality food market experience will also be considered.
Responsibilities of the Sous Chef position include but are not limited to;
- Daily management of kitchen operations and coordination of all kitchen activities
- Daily monitoring of prep production and quality checks of food production
- Ensures a quality guest experience through oversight of employees preparing and cooking food
- Ongoing development and of BOH employees and kitchen supervisory positions
- A role model as it relates to training, coaching and hands-on development of others, fostering a culture of growth and teamwork
- Set and maintain the standard for positive communication
- Assist with inventory and purchasing/storage
Newport Restaurant Group and we are proud to be 100% Employee-Owned. What does it mean to work for a 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses.
Our Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation
- Sick, Holiday and Vacation paid time off
- Excellent health and dental benefits with a flex spending account option
- Employee discount when dining in our restaurants
- Room for Career Advancement
- Great 401K match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
Background and Qualifications:
To be considered for the position individuals must have:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Sous Chef, Executive Sous or Chef de Cuisine. Ideal candidates will possess a healthy progression in their career and have a production/commissary background.
- Proven history of high-quality cuisine, preferably in high volume production of fresh, scratch food.
- Examples of food philosophy that supports local vendors.
- Experience in cost controls.
- Ability to coach, train and hold staff accountable to Foodlove’s culinary standards.
- Proven problem-solving abilities with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to build relationships and manage staff at all levels.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
If you are passionate about food, beverage, hospitality and want to be part of an employee-owned company, consider joining the Foodlove team and watch your hard work be rewarded.