The Boat House is looking for a skilled and versatile Sous Chef to join our team.
We are offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus.
The Sous Chef will be part of a passionate culinary team and will work with the Executive Chef to oversee and lead the daily operations. The ideal candidate for Sous Chef will have a passion for cooking, ingredients, and technique. This position is perfect for a motivated individual with management and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities of the Sous Chef position include but are not limited to:
• Daily management of kitchen operations and coordination of all kitchen activities including private dining
• Daily monitoring of prep production and quality checks of all mise en place prior to service
• Ensures a quality guest experience through oversight of employees preparing and cooking food
• A role model as it relates to training, coaching and hands-on development of others, fostering a culture of growth and teamwork
• Ongoing development and of BOH employees and kitchen supervisory positions
• Set and maintain the standard for positive communication
• Open and close the restaurant
• Assist with inventory and purchasing/storage
• Production of daily specials
• Maintaining a professional relationship with other managers and subordinates
The Boathouse is part of Newport Restaurant Group and we are proud to be 100% Employee-Owned. What does it mean to work for a 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses.
Our Benefits include;
• Competitive compensation
• Employee ownership opportunities
• Generous paid time off for all full-time staff
• Excellent health and dental benefits with a flex spending account option
• Manager Dining Card program
• 35% discount when dining in our locations
• Great 401K match
• Room for Career Advancement
Background and Qualifications
• To be considered for the position individuals must have:
• A minimum of 2 years of previous experience as a Sous Chef in a full-service establishment.
• Proven problem-solving abilities with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to build relationships and manage staff at all levels.
If you are passionate about food, beverage, hospitality and want to be part of an employee-owned company, consider joining our team and watch your hard work be rewarded.