Bar Cino in Newport, RI is looking for a passionate, talented and motivated Sous Chef to join our culinary team. We are offering a $2500 sign on bonus.
The Sous Chef will be part of a passionate culinary team and will work with the Executive Chef to oversee and lead the daily operations. The ideal candidate for Sous Chef will have a passion for cooking, ingredients and technique. This position is perfect for a motivated individual with management and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities of the Sous Chef position include but are not limited to;
- Daily management of kitchen operations and coordination of all kitchen activities including private dining
- Daily monitoring of prep production and quality checks of all mise en place prior to service
- Ensures a quality guest experience through oversight of employees preparing and cooking food
- A role model as it relates to training, coaching and hands-on development of others, fostering a culture of growth and teamwork
- Ongoing development and of BOH employees and kitchen supervisory positions
- Set and maintain the standard for positive communication
- Open and close the restaurant
- Assist with inventory and purchasing/storage
- Production of daily specials
- Maintaining a professional relationship with other managers and subordinates
Bar Cino is part of Newport Restaurant Group and we are proud to be 100% Employee-Owned. What does it mean to work for a 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses.
Our Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation
- Sick, Holiday and Vacation paid time off
- Excellent health and dental benefits with a flex spending account option
- Room for Career Advancement
- Great 401K match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
Background and Qualifications
To be considered for the position individuals must have:
- A minimum of 2 years of previous experience as a Sous Chef in a full-service establishment
- Proven problem-solving abilities with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to build relationships and manage staff at all levels.
If you are passionate about food, beverage, hospitality and want to be part of an employee-owned company, consider joining the Bar Cino team and watch your hard work be rewarded.