Newport Restaurant Group is looking for a Sales Manager. If you are wanting to work with event planning in a private dining setting then this is for you! We are looking for someone who is passionate, energetic and to whom pleasing and impressing guests comes naturally. The Sales Manager must be able to work independently and is able to work weekdays as well as weekends, when needed.
The Sales Manager will work with the Manager of Private Dining Sales to maximize revenue in the event spaces with the goal of increasing sales productivity and restaurant efficiencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to;
- Responsible for generating private dining sales within designated market segments
- Actively prospect and qualify/close new business. Handle new inquiries and rebook existing business
- Have full knowledge of private dining and catering menus as well as well as food and beverage offerings in the restaurant
- Have full knowledge of booking parameters and function room specifications
- Conduct site inspections, negotiate contracts, prepare event costing summaries, write proposals, prepare and collect invoices
- Maintain high level of knowledge of major competitors
- Conduct ongoing outside sales calls
- Detail and service definite business. Up-sell F&B and other revenue streams during detailing process.
- Weekly distribution of accurate and detailed Banquet Event Orders, Event Previews and attend weekly BEO meetings
- Work with culinary and operations departments to ensure event success
- Maintain accurate databases in Tripleseat
- Maintain and distribute weekly revenue forecast and pace reports
- Attend and participate in internal and industry Meetings and Events, which may take place prior to or after business hours.
- Attend events as needed to meet and greet client and ensure all details are setup to expectations
Ideal candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; at least three year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.