Castle Hill Inn is looking for a Restaurant Reservation Agent to join the team.
Nestled on 40 acres overlooking the southwestern corner of Narragansett Bay, Castle Hill Inn – a Relais & Chateaux hotel – is a coastal haven where guests come to relax and rejuvenate against a spectacular New England backdrop, a location that is second to none. The property features guest rooms that are perched on the sand dunes of our private beach, a banquet facility, and two restaurants featuring the talents of the culinary team. Castle Hill Inn is proud to be part of the Newport Restaurant Group!
About the Position: In the Restaurant Reservation Agent role, you will be responsible for fielding a high volume of telephone and email inquiries regarding restaurant reservations for both The Lawn and The Dining Room restaurants at Castle Hill Inn. Shifts will be 10am – 6pm, shifts available all days of the week.
About You: You are friendly, outgoing, and driven to succeed. You have a strong passion for hospitality and the ability to work well in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Schedules dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners
- Answers phone and email reservation inquiries from guests
- Communicates guests’ needs to service staff and management.
- Must have flexible schedule to work during days, nights, weekends, and some holidays as needed
- Must be able to work a minimum of 24 hours per week
- A calm and professional demeanor while working efficiently to accommodate guest requests
- Restaurant and OpenTable experience are preferred however, we are willing to train the right candidate.
- Working knowledge of outlook email is also required
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and move 25-50 pounds
- Be collaborative, using a team approach to creating an equitable workplace environment and have respectful working relationships
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation – $16 – $20 / hour
- Pay based on experience and availability
- Ability Assist (EAP)
- Great 401K match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Perk Spot options
- Discounted BJ’s Membership
- Holiday Appreciation Bonus
- RI/MA Sick Leave
About Newport Restaurant Group: We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses! We have one of the strongest, friendliest hospitality staffs in New England. Our common goal is to make people happy through great food, great locations and great teamwork. If you feel the same, we want to hear from you.