Castle Hill Inn is looking for an experienced Restaurant & Beverage Manager to join their team. Our restaurants are luxury-travel based, where most guests are here to celebrate a special occasion, on vacation, or looking to be “wow’ed” by our service, food, and atmosphere. We are looking for a leader who is passionate, energetic and to whom pleasing and impressing guests comes naturally. This individual will be responsible for the oversight and management of restaurant service, as well as the wine & beverage lists.
- Hours will be primarily evening shifts, however will include lunches, holidays, and special events.
- 70% of the position is direct hands-on leadership in the restaurants, impacting guest service and employee tasks constantly.
- The Dining Room serves up to 80 guests per evening, featuring a fixed price menu and romantic, fine dining environment, and an 800+ bottle wine list.
- The Lawn restaurant serving up to 700 guests per day, with an ala carte menu, stunning views, and vibrant cocktail/bar experience
- Works within the F&B department reporting to department head for each restaurant
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Train and continuously coach a diverse team of staff including long-term staff and first-time servers/support
- Play an active & personal role in the guest experience daily
- Execute and monitor standard procedures to ensure guest & employee safety & satisfaction
- Work as a team with other restaurant managers, chefs, and hotel leadership to exceed expectations
- Identify & solve guest issues appropriately
- Adapt to the constant changes of event business due to weather, COVID restrictions, and guest preferences
- Take on administrative tasks to maintain the order, cleanliness, and profitability of business
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and control of beverage menu offerings
- Perform inventory, and analyze, on beverage products
Our benefits include:
- Competitive compensation
- Sick, Holiday and Vacation paid time off
- Excellent health and dental benefits with a flex spending account option
- Employee Discounts and incentives
- Room for Career Advancement
- Great 401K match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
Background and Qualifications
To be considered for the position individuals must have:
- Experience in a leadership position at a full-service restaurant required
- Proven problem-solving abilities with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to build relationships and manage staff
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Strong computer & automation skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, POS, Inventory & Labor systems, etc.)
- Managing a team of at least 20 employees preferred
- Hotel/resort experience preferred
- Prior responsibility of financial performance preferred
Castle Hill Inn is part of Newport Restaurant Group and we are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for a 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. There’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses. If you are passionate about food, beverage, hospitality and want to be part of an employee-owned company, consider joining our team and watch your hard work be rewarded.
If you are passionate about food, beverage, hospitality and want to be part of an employee-owned company, consider joining our team and watch your hard work be rewarded.