Bar ‘Cino Brookline is looking for a Production Cook to join the team.
Newport Restaurant Group introduces our newest venture in the Boston market: Bar ‘Cino Watertown! Bar ‘Cino (we say “chee-no”) is an informal neighborhood spot dedicated to making our guests feel welcome. We feature a casual Italian-inspired menu and a thoughtfully selected wine and cocktail list. We are the to go place for fun and great food! Bar ‘Cino is proud to be part of the Newport Restaurant Group!
About the Position: In the Production Cook role, you will oversee all culinary production for the restaurant. This is a full-time position that will work out of Bar ‘Cino Brookline until Bar ‘Cino Watertown is open.
About You: You are passionate about preparing exceptional food with a deep level of understanding and appreciation for cooking technique, culture building and training.
- Daily management of kitchen operations and coordination of all kitchen activities
- Daily monitoring of prep production and quality checks of all mise en place prior to service
- Ongoing development and of BOH employees and kitchen supervisory positions
- Assist with inventory and purchasing/storage
- Must have at least 2-3 years’ experience as Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef or Chef de Cuisine.
- Must have flexible schedule to work during days, nights, weekends, and some holidays as needed
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in cost controls and take full ownership and responsibility for all culinary operations.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and move 25-50 pounds
- Be collaborative, using a team approach to creating an equitable workplace environment and have respectful working relationships
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation – $17 – $26 / hour
- Pay based on level of prior experience
- Ability Assist (EAP)
- Great 401K match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Perk Spot options
- Discounted BJ’s Membership
- Holiday Appreciation Bonus
- RI/MA Sick Leave
- Depending on your hours, you may also be eligible for
- Flex Spending Account
- Excellent Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- Vacation paid time off
About Newport Restaurant Group: We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses! We have one of the strongest, friendliest hospitality staffs in New England. Our common goal is to make people happy through great food, great locations and great teamwork. If you feel the same, we want to hear from you.