Foodlove Market is looking for a Baker to join the team.
A chef-driven retail food market in Middletown, Rhode Island, born from our restaurant roots, Foodlove Market provides customers a diverse opportunity that encompasses the many ways people make their decisions around meals and grocery. From prepared meals to go, made to order items and top-quality ingredients for the at home cook, we have it covered. Foodlove Market is proud to be part of the Newport Restaurant Group!
About the Position: In the Baker role, you will prepare a variety of baked goods.
About You: You are passionate about food. You have a strong sense of urgency, great organizational skills, and a positive attitude. You have prior baking experience or are willing to learn a new skill!
- Measure, weigh and prepare ingredients
- Knead, roll, cut, and prepare dough as specified by lead baker
- Responsible for overseeing quality management of all baked goods.
- Manage the inventory and production of all ice creams, ensuring the product on our service lines is both of
proper consistency and taste
- Must have flexible schedule to work during days, nights, weekends, and some holidays as needed
- Prior experience a plus but not required
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and move 25-50 pounds
- Be collaborative, using a team approach to creating an equitable workplace environment and have respectful working relationships
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Compensation – $17 – $26 / hour
- Pay based on level of prior experience
- Sick and Vacation paid time off
- Excellent health, dental and vision benefits with a flex spending account option
- Ability Assist
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- Great 401k match
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Perk Spot options
- Discounted BJ’s membership
- Holiday Appreciation Bonus
About Newport Restaurant Group: We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses! We have one of the strongest, friendliest hospitality staffs in New England. Our common goal is to make people happy through great food, great locations and great teamwork. If you feel the same, we want to hear from you.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com