Castle Hill Inn is looking for a PM line sous chef to join our team.
Our restaurants are luxury-travel based, where most guests are here to celebrate a special occasion, on vacation, or looking to be “wow’ed” by our service, food, and atmosphere. The PM line sous chef will be an hourly position. They will be part of a passionate culinary team, must be able to think critically and work with direction from the kitchen management team while maintaining a relentless attitude towards all aspects of the cuisine, team, and maintenance of the physical unit.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for cooking, ingredients, and technique. They will have high-volume line and production experience. This position is perfect for a motivated individual with management and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Daily management of kitchen operations and coordination of all kitchen activities
- Daily monitoring of prep production and quality checks of all mise en place prior to service
- Ensures a quality guest experience through oversight of employees preparing and cooking food
- A role model as it relates to training, coaching and hands-on development of others, fostering a culture of growth and teamwork
- Ongoing development and of BOH employees
- Set and maintain the standard for positive communication
- Assist with inventory and purchasing/storage
- Production of daily specials
- Maintaining a professional relationship with other managers and subordinates
Castle Hill Inn is part of Newport Restaurant Group and we are proud to be 100% Employee-Owned. What does it mean to work for a 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses.
Our Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation
- Sick, Holiday and Vacation paid time off for eligible employees
- Excellent health and dental benefits with a flex spending account option for eligible employees
- Room for Career Advancement
- Great 401K match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
Background and Qualifications
To be considered for the position individuals must have:
- Minimum 2 years in an upscale, high volume establishment
- Experience in a seasonal, high volume restaurant and be able to work all stations in the kitchen.
- Proven problem-solving abilities with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to build relationships and manage staff
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Managing a team of at least 20 employees preferred
If you are passionate about food, beverage, hospitality and want to be part of an employee-owned company, consider joining the Castle Hill team and watch your hard work be rewarded.