Bar ‘Cino Newport is looking for a Kitchen Supervisor to join the team.
Nestled in historic Washington Square, Bar ‘Cino (that’s pronounced chee-no) features an Italian inspired menu and killer cocktail program. With a classic neighborhood feel and service dedicated to making guests feel welcome and taken care of, we are a favorite among locals and Newport visitors alike. Bar ‘Cino is proud to be part of the Newport Restaurant Group!
About the Position: In the Kitchen Supervisor Role, you will supervise and coordinate activities of food preparation, kitchen, pantry, and storeroom employees.
About You: You are passionate about food, have high-volume line and production experience, and are dedicated to the highest quality of execution, cleanliness, organization and team leadership
- Monitors ordering, receiving and storage of all food and catering related items
- Executes and verifies month end inventories to ensure accurate cost controls
- Supervises all back of house employees to ensure proper food handling, cleanliness of kitchen and maintenance of equipment
- Assist Exec. Sous Chef with food production as needed
- An associate degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school, however, we are willing to train the right candidate regardless of experience.
- Must hold a Food Safety Certification.
- Must have flexible schedule to work during days, nights, weekends, and some holidays as needed
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong communication skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and move 25-50 pounds
- Be collaborative, using a team approach to creating an equitable workplace environment and have respectful working relationships
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation – $22 – $25 / hour based on experience
- Sick and Vacation paid time off
- Excellent health, dental and vision benefits with a flex spending account option
- Ability Assist (EAP)
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- Great 401k match
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Perk Spot Options
- Discounted BJ’s membership
- Holiday Appreciation Bonus
About Newport Restaurant Group: We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses! We have one of the strongest, friendliest hospitality staffs in New England. Our common goal is to make people happy through great food, great locations and great teamwork. If you feel the same, we want to hear from you.