22 Bowen’s is looking for a Kitchen Supervisor to join the team.
22 Bowen’s is Rhode Island’s Prime Steakhouse; evoking Newport’s charm and sense of place as the City by the Sea’s premier waterfront dining destination. A restaurant defined by its casual elegance, indulgent food, classic drinks and warm, animated hospitality. During the iconic summer season, we open Portside, our open-air bar where guests enjoy dining on Newport’s harbor front. 22 Bowen’s is proud to be part of the Newport Restaurant Group!
About the Position: In the Kitchen Supervisor Role, you will supervise and coordinate activities of food preparation, kitchen, pantry, and storeroom employees.
About You: You are passionate about food, have high-volume line and production experience, and are dedicated to the highest quality of execution, cleanliness, organization and team leadership. Must have PM availability.
- Monitors ordering, receiving and storage of all food and catering related items
- Executes and verifies month end inventories to ensure accurate cost controls
- Supervises all back of house employees to ensure proper food handling, cleanliness of kitchen and maintenance of equipment
- Assist Exec. Sous Chef with food production as needed
- An associate degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school, however, we are willing to train the right candidate regardless of experience.
- Must hold a Food Safety Certification.
- Must have flexible schedule to work during days, nights, weekends, and some holidays as needed
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong communication skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and move 25-50 pounds
- Be collaborative, using a team approach to creating an equitable workplace environment and have respectful working relationships
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation – $25/ Hour
- Sick and Vacation paid time off
- Excellent health, dental and vision benefits with a flex spending account option
- Ability Assist (EAP)
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- Great 401k match
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Perk Spot Options
- Discounted BJ’s membership
- Holiday Appreciation Bonus
About Newport Restaurant Group: We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses! We have one of the strongest, friendliest hospitality staffs in New England. Our common goal is to make people happy through great food, great locations and great teamwork. If you feel the same, we want to hear from you.
If this is the position for you, Chat with Sam our AI chat assistant to apply!