Newport Restaurant Group is looking for an Information Technology Support Specialist to join our team.
IT Support Specialist must have the ability to handle situations across multiple technology platforms. One must hold strong communication and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to think creatively and work independently. This position reports to the director of IT.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Provide both on and off-site support, telephone support, and remote access support for hardware and software for our restaurants, hotel, market, and home office.
- Assisting with routine technology tasks including software installs, peripheral hardware setups, and virus remediation
- Maintain, analyze, and fix computer systems, hardware, printers, and computer peripherals
- Manage store system setups and lead troubleshooting and solutioning for failures, providing direction and escalation.
- Offer support on a variety of computer hardware and software issues by identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems
- Able to manage and perform assigned tasks effectively, work together with others as a cohesive team and communicate effectively
- Investigate and provide solutions for known problems with existing technology equipment and software.
- Interface regularly and effectively with ticket submitters. Provide support for escalations and track issues using ticketing system
- Other duties as assigned
Our Company is Proud to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Sick, Holiday and Vacation paid time off
- Excellent health and dental benefits with a flex spending account option
- Dining Allowance that can be used at any of our locations
- Employee Discounts and incentives
- Room for Career Advancement
- Great 401K match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
Background and Qualifications
To be considered for the position individuals must have;
- 2+ years of desktop support or other related experience.
- Proficiency in – Windows OS, Active Directory, TCP/IP Networking, Email, and Virtualization, FTP.
- Experience with Data Management, IT Enterprise Systems, and Windows Operating Systems, API’s, and networking.
- Experience with VPN or similar remote tools.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills for interpreting complex information from multiple sources.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate verbally to technical and non-technical audiences and at all levels of the organization.
- Time management and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required, when necessary
- Hospitality company experience, preferred. Experience with Aloha and Toast is a plus.
Newport Restaurant Group is proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you join our team, you’ll not just be an employee – you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy, and talents in our businesses.
If you are passionate about food, beverage, hospitality and want to be part of an employee-owned company, consider joining our team and watch your hard work be rewarded.