The HR General Administrator will provide important support in key areas to employees and managers. The HR Generalist provides front line, day-to-day support in administering human resources policies and programs covering a broad range of HR topics including, but not limited to the following: selected employee benefits, workers compensation, training programs, recruiting and retention initiatives and other HR general duties.
The ideal candidate for the HR General Administrator will be able to work independently and have a strong attention to detail and accuracy. The individual in this role will need to be very organized, able to multi-task and tackle several projects simultaneously while focusing on high priority/time sensitive items to ensure items are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
A minimum of 3 years of previous experience in a HR Generalist/Administrative role. Familiarity with a variety of office equipment, standard software packages and application, HRIS systems and use of personal computers to include the Microsoft Office suite of products. This role requires strong Excel knowledge (i.e. advanced formulas and pivot tables)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to;
- Benefits Administration including Workers Compensation, Leave of Absence, Health Care and 401K
- Builds, Maintains and generates HR metric reporting
- Maintain and updates all HR documentation, manuals and handbooks
- Assists Recruiting and Training Manager with coordinating seasonal hiring programs
- Organizes and Coordinates mandatory training programs
- Ensures compliance with all local/federal regulations related to training and certificate compliance
- Special projects as assigned by the Director of HR
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies;
- Able to multi-task, have demonstrated organizational, detail orientation, prioritization skills and time management skills to ensure that work related activities are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work independently and interact with all levels of employees in the organization
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented, high demand and fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and work with highly sensitive data and information.
- Solid communication skills to effectively deal with various levels of management, staff and/or outside contacts.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment and maintain a professional and positive manner.
- Effective listening skills to ensure understanding of instructions and directions and effectively communicate progress and problems to co-workers and management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the ability to learn and use HRIS and Payroll Software.
- Able to maintain a regular work schedule to meet the needs of the business.