Foodlove Market, the newest addition to Newport Restaurant Group, is hiring a Market General Manager to help realize our mission of providing an unparalleled retail grocery experience, delivering high quality prepared meals and an amazing assortment of made to order food.
Foodlove Market will contain a variety of quick service counters featuring pastries, coffee and drinks, pizza, sushi, grab-and-go meal options and more. The General Manager will lead the entire staff ensuring company standards are maintained while creating an unforgettable experience for our customers. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced leader who loves food and wants to share that passion with their own team!
Newport Restaurant Group is proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you join our team, you’ll not just be an employee – you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy, and talents in our businesses.
General Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Executes strategic plan to promote products and services designed to increase share of market, and maintain competitive position in the industry.
- Executes organizational policies and goals through subordinates.
- Analyzes departmental budget financial results to identify areas where improvements can be made.
- Stays current with market and customer buying trends and contributes to corporate decision making with inventory management to meet these trends, including product selection, purchasing, pricing and sales.
- Confers with corporate administrative personnel and reviews activity, operating and sales reports to determine changes required in programming or merchandizing.
- Promotes organization in industry through trade associations.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
Our Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous paid time off for eligible employees
- Excellent health, dental and FSA option for eligible employees
- 401K match for participating employees
- Employee ownership opportunities
- Opportunities for career advancement
Background & Qualifications:
To be considered for the General Manager position individuals must have;
- 5-7 years of food service management or market experience preferably in a high volume, fast-paced/quick service atmosphere
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of steps of service, excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to plan, motivate and influence others.
- Experience with financial accountability, ability to handle money accurately
- Experience with financial reporting and analyzing data
- Strong computer & automation skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, POS, Inventory & Labor systems, etc.)
- Knowledge of coffee and coffee production preferred
If you are passionate about food, beverage, hospitality and want to be part of an employee-owned company, consider joining our team and watch your hard work be rewarded.