Castle Hill Inn is looking for a fine dining sous chef to join our team.
As a member of our culinary leadership team, our fine dining sous chef will work directly with our Chef de Cuisine, overseeing the day-to-day operations of our formal restaurant, The Dining Room. The Dining Room offers a 6 course tasting menu experience, utilizing the best ingredients available.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for ingredients and technique, as well as a relentless work ethic, as this position is extremely hands-on. This position is perfect for a motivated individual with management and interpersonal skills.
- Work directly with our Chef de Cuisine on menu development, fostering an environment where collaboration is welcome from all team members.
- Expedite service nightly.
- Day to day management of fine dining operations, as directed by our Chef de Cuisine.
- Hands on involvement guiding, supporting, and following up with our culinary staff through their daily responsibilities.
- Maintaining a professional relationship with other managers and subordinates
Castle Hill Inn is part of Newport Restaurant Group and we are proud to be 100% Employee-Owned. What does it mean to work for a 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses.
Our Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation
- Sick, Holiday and Vacation paid time off
- Excellent health and dental benefits with a flex spending account option
- Room for Career Advancement
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Great 401K match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
Background and Qualifications
To be considered for the position individuals must have:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a comparable fine dining environment.
- Experience in a seasonal, high volume restaurant and be able to work all stations in the kitchen.
- Proven problem-solving abilities with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to build relationships and manage staff
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Managing a team of at least 5 employees preferred
If you are passionate about food, beverage, hospitality and want to be part of an employee-owned company, consider joining the Castle Hill team and watch your hard work be rewarded.