Castle Hill Inn is looking to hire an experienced Facilities Technician.
The Facilities Technician is responsible for ensuring that the all rooms and property are maintained in the best possible condition, with the least inconvenience to our guests. The Facilities technician will be accountable for performing preventive maintenance and other maintenance functions necessary to sustain and enhance the facility. This individual is expected to perform routine maintenance and repair duties for the whole the property.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preventive maintenance on HVAC, refrigeration, grease traps, and other various equipment
- Performs basic electrical, plumbing and carpentry as needed
- Performs assigned tasks (daily/weekly/bi-weekly/monthly/annually)
- Performs repairs/replaces tile, grout and caulking for facility
- Repairs drywall, decks, siding, doors, fencing, various paint prep and quality painting for facility
- Completes work orders in a timely manner
- Responds to emergency work orders
- Ability to understand and carry out routine oral and written instructions, make routine decisions independently, sustain long periods of light to moderately heavy physical activity
- Other duties as assigned ( policing for garbage, trash detail, set up and breakdown of events, moving furniture, fixing furniture, power washing, installing/ removing of docks, offsite properties are included as needed Ex: The Bohlin)
Our Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation
- Sick, Holiday and Vacation paid time off for eligible positions
- Excellent health, dental and flex spending account options for eligible positions
- Room for Career Advancement
- Great 401K match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
Background & Qualifications:
- 2-3 years general maintenance and will have High School Diploma and/or experience in a hotel or a related field
- Flexile Availability – nights, weekends, holidays, schedule could change depending on season
- Basic computer skills (Outlook, Scheduling, Word, etc.)
- Trade school or college course work in a related field preferred
- Very heavy work – exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Must be able to climb ladders and operate basic hand and power tools
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Castle Hill Inn is part of Newport Restaurant Group and we are proud to be 100% Employee Owned. What does it mean to work for a 100% Employee Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy, and talents in our businesses.
If you are passionate about food, beverage, hospitality and want to be part of an employee-owned company, consider joining the Castle Hill team and watch your hard work be rewarded.