The Mooring is looking for an experienced Executive Sous Chef to join the team.
The Executive Sous Chef will be part of a passionate culinary team and will work with the Executive Chef to oversee and lead the daily operations. The ideal candidate for Executive Sous Chef will have a passion for cooking, ingredients and technique. This position is perfect for a motivated culinarian, with high volume experience, who is looking to grow their career. Candidates must have open availability – willing and able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Daily management of kitchen operations and coordination of all kitchen activities including private dining
- Daily monitoring of prep production and quality checks of all mise en place prior to service
- Ensures a quality guest experience through oversight of employees preparing and cooking food
- A role model as it relates to training, coaching and hands-on development of others, fostering a culture of growth and teamwork
- Ongoing development and of BOH employees and kitchen supervisory positions
- Set and maintain the standard for positive communication
- Open and close the restaurant
- Assist with inventory and purchasing/storage
- Production of daily specials
- Maintaining a professional relationship with other managers and subordinates
The Mooring is part of Newport Restaurant Group and we are proud to be 100% Employee-Owned. What does it mean to work for a 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses.
Our Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation with bonus incentive
- Employee ownership opportunities
- Generous paid time off for all full-time staff
- Excellent health and dental benefits with a flex spending account option
- Manager Dining Card program
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Great 401K match
- Room for Career Advancement
Background and Qualifications
To be considered for the position individuals must have:
- A minimum of 3 years of previous experience as a Sous Chef or higher in a full-service establishment is required for consideration. Culinary Arts degree preferred, but we will hire candidates with exceptional experience.
- Proven problem-solving abilities with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to build relationships and manage staff at all levels.
- Experience performing inventory, and costing
If you are passionate about food, beverage, hospitality and want to be part of an employee-owned company, consider joining our team.