Newport Restaurant Group is seeking an Executive Production Chef to oversee all culinary operations for our new food market experience, to include prepared meals to go, made to order station, sushi, pizza, retail, bakery, pastries, delivery and catering. We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees.
The ideal candidate will have experience in overseeing a commissary kitchen or similar production cooking capacity. High quality food market experience will also be considered.
The Executive Production Chef must be a positive and energetic leader who has the organizational skills to lead a high-volume production/commissary kitchen. The ideal candidate will be passionate about preparing exceptional food with a deep level of understanding and appreciation for cooking technique, culture building and training.
In addition to advanced culinary skills this individual must have;
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in cost controls and take full ownership and responsibility for all culinary operations.
- Proven history of high-quality cuisine, preferably in high volume production of fresh, scratch food.
- Examples of food philosophy that supports local vendors.
- Proven history of team building and can provide examples of developing those around them.
Our Benefits include;
- Generous paid time off for all full-time staff
- Excellent health and dental benefits with a flex spending account option
- Employee ownership opportunities
- Great 401K match
- Competitive compensation
To be considered for the position the candidate must have at least 3 years’ experience as an Executive Chef or Executive Production Chef including a background with a healthy progression of at least 2-3 years’ experience as Executive Sous Chef or Chef de Cuisine.
If you are passionate about food, beverage, hospitality and want to be part of an employee owned company, consider joining our team!