Newport Restaurant Group is looking for an Executive Chef to join the team.
We are offering $5,000 sign-on bonus.
The Executive Chef will oversee and lead the daily operations. They will have a strong culinary background and be passionate about food and the guest experience. The Executive Chef will be driven to succeed, possess excellent multitasking, interpersonal and communication skills, with the desire to develop people and culture. In addition to advanced culinary skills this individual must have experience in cost controls and take full ownership and responsibility for all culinary operations.
Responsibilities of the Executive Chef include but are not limited to;
- Labor and food cost controls as well as budgeting
- Financial analysis and menu engineering
- Interviewing, hiring, training and developing employees
- Appraising performance, team and culture
- Planning, assigning, and directing work
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems
Newport Restaurant Group is proud to be 100% Employee-Owned. What does it mean to work for a 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses.
Our Benefits include
- Competitive compensation – $70,000-$100,000/year
- Employee ownership opportunities
- Generous paid time off for all full-time staff
- Excellent health and dental benefits with a flex spending account option
- Manager Dining Card program
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Great 401K match
- Room for Career Advancement
Background and Qualifications
To be considered for the position individuals must have
- A minimum of 3-5 years of previous experience as an Executive Chef in a high-volume establishment. Culinary Arts degree preferred, but we will hire candidates with exceptional experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in cost controls and take full ownership and responsibility for all culinary operations.
- Proven history of high-quality cuisine, preferably in high volume production of fresh, scratch food.
- Examples of food philosophy that supports local vendors
- Proven history of team building and can provide examples of developing those around them.
If you are passionate about food, beverage, hospitality and want to be part of an employee-owned company, consider joining our team!