Now Offering a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus!
22 Bowen’s is looking for an Executive Chef to join the team.
22 Bowen’s is Rhode Island’s Prime Steakhouse; evoking Newport’s charm and sense of place as the City by the Sea’s premier waterfront dining destination. A restaurant defined by its casual elegance, indulgent food, classic drinks and warm, animated hospitality. During the iconic summer season, we open Portside, our open-air bar where guests enjoy dining on Newport’s harbor front. 22 Bowen’s is proud to be part of the Newport Restaurant Group!
About the POSITION: The Executive Chef will oversee and lead the daily operations in the kitchen.
About YOU: The Executive Chef will be driven to succeed, possess excellent multitasking, interpersonal and communication skills, with the desire to develop people and culture while having a strong culinary background and a passion for food and the guest experience. In addition to advanced culinary skills this individual must have experience in cost controls and take full ownership and responsibility for all culinary operations
- Labor and food cost controls, financial analysis, and budgeting
- Menu engineering
- Hire, train and develop employees; manage performance and team culture
- A minimum of 3-5 years of a high-volume Executive Chef experience required
- Culinary Arts degree preferred, but we will hire candidates with exceptional experience
- Must have flexible schedule to work during days, nights, weekends, and some holidays as needed
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in cost controls
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and move 25-50 pounds
- Be collaborative, using a team approach to creating an equitable workplace environment and have respectful working relationships
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation – $90,000 – $110,000 / year
- Sick, Holiday, and Vacation paid time off
- Excellent health, dental and vision benefits with a flex spending account option
- Ability Assist (EAP)
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Short term disability (MA only)
- Great 401k match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Perk spot options
- Fully paid BJ’s membership
- Manager’s Dining Card
ABOUT Newport Restaurant Group: We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses! We have one of the strongest, friendliest hospitality staffs in New England. Our common goal is to make people happy through great food, great locations and great teamwork. If you feel the same, we want to hear from you.