Foodlove Market is the newest addition to Newport Restaurant Group, and we are looking for Deli Clerks to join our mission of providing an unparalleled retail experience. Foodlove Market will offer a variety of quick service counters featuring pastries, coffee and drinks, pizza, sushi, grab-and-go meal options and more. The Deli clerk provides support as a member of the Prepared Foods team to include preparation, counter service, sanitation, and stocking of products.
Benefits we offer
- Competitive hourly wages based on experience – $12.00 – $16.00 and Sundays are paid at time and a half
- In addition to your hourly pay, we are offering a summertime premium rate which adds an additional $5.00/hour for shifts worked on Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday through Labor Day.
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- Generous employee discount in market and all Newport Restaurant Group locations
- All non-supervisory employees are eligible to participate in a tip pooling arrangement
- Flexible Scheduling – Part Time & Full Time
- Training & opportunities for advancement in a growing company
- Healthcare benefits available for eligible hourly employees and all salaried employees
- Great 401K match
Come down, apply in person and interview with one of our Managers on site. Must have the ability to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays
HIRING SITE HOURS – Monday – Friday 10:00am to 6:00pm
LOCATION – 1037 Aquidneck Avenue, Middletown RI
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Cuts, prepares, and serves a variety of hot and cold foods, including meats, cheeses, sandwiches, etc.
- Stocks hot and cold cases and displays with prepared foods from kitchen, walk-in preparation, and refrigerators.
- Checks in-stock product dates to ensure freshness and rotates when necessary.
- Monitors and prevents spoilage and communicates waste to supervisor.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures
- Maintains or ensures maintenance of a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses need of customers in a timely and effective manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- To be considered, candidates must be flexible and able to work days, nights, weekends and some holidays, as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Ability to follow directions and procedures, effective time management and organization skills.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried and visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, slicers, etc.
Newport Restaurant Group is 100% Employee Owned. What does it mean to work for a 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses. If you are passionate and want to be part of an employee-owned company, join our team of employee owners today and watch you hard work be rewarded.