22 Bowen’s is looking for a Grill / Broiler Cook to join the team. This is a cook role specifically for our Broiler Station.
22 Bowen’s is Rhode Island’s Prime Steakhouse; evoking Newport’s charm and sense of place as the City by the Sea’s premier waterfront dining destination. A restaurant defined by its casual elegance, indulgent food, classic drinks and warm, animated hospitality. During the iconic summer season, we open Portside, our open-air bar where guests enjoy dining on Newport’s harbor front. 22 Bowen’s is proud to be part of the Newport Restaurant Group!
About the POSITION: In the Grill / Broiler Cook role, you will be preparing, seasoning, and cooking soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other food for customers, specifically using the broiler. There is overtime available.
About YOU: You are passionate about food. You have a strong sense of urgency, great organizational skills, and a positive attitude.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, and casseroles
- Washes, peels, cuts, and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use
- Prepares meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods
- Prepares food products as determined by recipe, technique and procedure
- Must have flexible schedule to work during days, nights, weekends, and some holidays as needed
- Prior broiler experience required
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and move 25-50 pounds
- Be collaborative, using a team approach to creating an equitable workplace environment and have respectful working relationships
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation – $60,000 – $80,000 / year
- Ability Assist (EAP)
- Great 401K match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Perk Spot options
- Discounted BJ’s Membership
- Holiday Appreciation Bonus
- RI/MA Sick Leave
- Depending on your hours, you may also be eligible for
- Flex Spending Account
- Excellent Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- Vacation paid time off
ABOUT Newport Restaurant Group: We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses! We have one of the strongest, friendliest hospitality staffs in New England. Our common goal is to make people happy through great food, great locations and great teamwork. If you feel the same, we want to hear from you.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org