La Vecina is looking for a Bartender to join the team.
After a successful pop-up operation at Bar ‘Cino, La Vecina Taqueria is now open in a new space in Washington Square where you can enjoy the fresh tacos, tamales, refreshing margaritas and a killer cocktail list! La Vecina is proud to be part of the Newport Restaurant Group!
About the Position: In the Bartender role, you will be mixing and serving alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks to patrons of bar and dining area.
About You: You are energetic, highly motivated, and have a passion for hospitality where pleasing our guests comes naturally. You are able to work in a fast-paced environment, possess excellent multitasking skills, and are willing to work as part of a team.
- Take orders from customers or Waiter
- Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Serves wine and draught or bottled beer
- Assists with orders or requisitions liquors and supplies.
- Must be at least 21 years old with a minimum of 2 years of bartending experience in a high-volume restaurant
- Must have flexible schedule to work during days, nights, weekends, and some holidays as needed
- Must hold Alcohol Safety Certification
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and move 25-50 pounds
- Be collaborative, using a team approach to creating an equitable workplace environment and have respectful working relationships
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Ability Assist (EAP)
- Great 401K match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Perk Spot options
- Discounted BJ’s Membership
- Holiday Appreciation Bonus
- RI/MA Sick Leave
- Depending on your hours, you may also be eligible for
- Flex Spending Account
- Excellent Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- Anniversary pay
About Newport Restaurant Group: We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses! We have one of the strongest, friendliest hospitality staffs in New England. Our common goal is to make people happy through great food, great locations and great teamwork. If you feel the same, we want to hear from you.