Foodlove Market is the newest addition to Newport Restaurant Group, and we are looking for Baristas with exceptional skills to join our mission of providing an unparalleled retail experience. Foodlove Market will offer a variety of quick service counters featuring pastries, coffee and drinks, pizza, sushi, grab-and-go meal options and more.
Benefits we offer
- Competitive hourly wages based on experience – $13.00 – $16.00 and Sundays are paid at time and a half
- In addition to your hourly pay, we are offering a summertime premium rate which adds an additional $5.00/hour for shifts worked on Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday through Labor Day.
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- Generous employee discount in market and all Newport Restaurant Group locations
- All non-supervisory employees are eligible to participate in a tip pooling arrangement
- Flexible Scheduling – Part Time & Full Time
- Training & opportunities for advancement in a growing company
- Healthcare benefits available for eligible hourly employees and all salaried employees
- Great 401K match
Come down, apply in person and interview with one of our Managers on site. Must have the ability to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays
HIRING SITE HOURS – Monday – Friday 10:00am to 6:00pm
LOCATION – 1037 Aquidneck Avenue, Middletown RI
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepares and serves hot and cold beverages, such as coffee, blended coffee, and tea, to patrons; correctly customizes orders as requested.
- Describes product details to customers.
- Serves prepared foods and baked goods including sandwiches, biscotti, muffins, or bagels.
- Ensures customer service stations are properly stocked with paper products or beverage preparation items.
- Cleans and sanitizes all equipment, utensils, dishes, and seating and service area.
- Ensures proper functioning of freezers, refrigerators, and heating by routinely checking temperatures in that equipment.
- Stocks supplies or retail products; may inventory, order, or receive products as directed.
Background & Qualifications:
- To be considered, candidates must be flexible and able to work days, nights, weekends and some holidays, as needed.
- Demonstrates patience in dealing with customers and coworkers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures, effective time management and organization skills.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
Newport Restaurant Group is 100% Employee Owned. What does it mean to work for a 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses. If you are passionate and want to be part of an employee-owned company, join our team of employee owners today and watch you hard work be rewarded.