Castle Hill Inn/The Bohlin is looking for Banquet Staff (Servers, Housemen, Bartenders) to join the team for the upcoming 2022 event season.
Nestled on 40 acres overlooking the southwestern corner of Narragansett Bay, Castle Hill Inn – a Relais & Chateaux hotel – is a coastal haven where guests come to relax and rejuvenate against a spectacular New England backdrop, a location that is second to none. The property features guest rooms that are perched on the sand dunes of our private beach, a banquet facility, and two restaurants featuring the talents of the culinary team. Castle Hill Inn is proud to be part of the Newport Restaurant Group! Castle Hill is proud to be part of the Newport Restaurant Group!
About the POSITION: We are creating one great team that will work together to set up & serve highly customized special event throughout the season beginning in April and working through early November. Our events are mostly weddings, making the bulk of our business weekend evenings, with start times for shifts between 1pm-3pm most often, finishing between 11pm and 12am in most instances.
All positions are paid an hourly wage, will work in both locations, and are able to cross-train to work in our restaurant settings as well.
Training will be conducted in a few sessions prior to season-start, where you will learn in both a classroom-style and hands-on demonstration exactly how we work together. Each new hire must attend two of these sessions, which will be scheduled at the time of job offer.
About YOU: You have a strong hospitality and service background whom pleasing and impressing guests comes naturally. The schedule works great for candidates who have a week-day job as well, or school – but can also be a full-time position for the duration of the season for those interested.
- Server: Are the core group of the team and are responsible for the fine details of set-up on the guests table, displays & décor, and preparing themselves for service. Our service is highly personal and professional, featuring synchronized service, tableside wine service, and cocktailing.
- Houseman: Are the backbone of the team, taking care of the floorplan set-up, stocking the space with supplies, and assist with the flow of the event by supporting the team.
- Bartender: Experience with traditional cocktail recipes, and a focus on setting up a successful bar station are essential. Bartenders must be clean and efficient to serve up to 200 guests accurately calmly.
- Must have flexible schedule to work during days, nights, weekends, and some holidays as needed
- Prior experience a plus but not required
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and move 25-50 pounds
- Be collaborative, using a team approach to creating an equitable workplace environment and have respectful working relationships
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation – Starting wages between $18/$20 per hour, with a $2 raise immediately upon completing required training shifts, training classes, and skills test
- Bonus – End of season bonus available between $500-$1500 on your last paycheck in November based on the number of hours worked and other criteria
- Ability Assist
- Great 401k match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Perk Spot options
- Discounted BJ’s membership
- Holiday Appreciation Bonus
- RI/MA sick leave
- Depending on your hours, you may be eligible for:
- Flex Spending Account
- Excellent Health Benefits
ABOUT Newport Restaurant Group: We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses! We have one of the strongest, friendliest hospitality staffs in New England. Our common goal is to make people happy through great food, great locations and great teamwork. If you feel the same, we want to hear from you.