The Bohlin is looking for a Banquet Cook to join the team.
The Bohlin is a seasonal wedding & event destination that nods to the nautical heritage of Newport. The Bohlin embodies the historic character of Newport¹s downtown waterfront while embracing a coastal chic design aesthetic. Centered in a world-class marina, the Bohlin¹s dockside terrace is surrounded by sailboats and luxury yachts, creating a unique and dramatic backdrop for social and corporate events. The Bohlin is proud to be part of the Newport Restaurant Group!
About the Position: In the Banquet Cook role, you will prepare, season, and cook food for banquet service.
About You: You are passionate about food. You have a strong sense of urgency, great organizational skills, and a positive attitude. You have prior cooking experience or are willing to learn a new skill!
- Prep ingredients before meal service
- Carefully prepare food according to menu specifications
- Must have flexible schedule to work during days, nights, weekends, and some holidays as needed
- 1-3 years experience in a scratch kitchen is preferred, but we’re willing to train the right candidate
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and move 25-50 pounds
- Be collaborative, using a team approach to creating an equitable workplace environment and have respectful working relationships
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation – $20 / hour
- Ability Assist (EAP)
- Great 401K match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Perk Spot options
- Discounted BJ’s Membership
- Holiday Appreciation Bonus
- RI/MA Sick Leave
- Depending on your hours, you may also be eligible for
- Flex Spending Account
- Excellent Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- Vacation paid time off
About Newport Restaurant Group: We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses! We have one of the strongest, friendliest hospitality staffs in New England. Our common goal is to make people happy through great food, great locations and great teamwork. If you feel the same, we want to hear from you.
If this is the position for you – chat with Sam, our AI chat assitant, to apply!