Castle Hill Inn is looking for an experienced Banquet Chef to join our team.
The Banquet Chef must be an exceptionally organized and dependable individual with strong leadership abilities and high culinary standards to ensure the successful execution of all catering and private dining functions. The ideal candidate will cultivate a team-oriented culture, have strong communication and technical skills, and possess a thorough understanding of cooking techniques.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Oversee the banquet department; including but not limited to scheduling staff, ordering product, and delegating responsibilities
• Observe methods of food preparation and cooking to ensure all food is prepared to specifications
• Actively manage yield and waste throughout production and execution
• Direct the production team to meet the needs of the a la carte restaurants and catering departments
• Act as a culinary liaison for the sales and events team for both our catering department and private dining events.
• Work as a mentor to culinary interns through a structured training program
• Complete onboarding process for banquets and production employees
• Execute weekly inventory count in assigned areas
• Familiarize newly hired employees with practices of kitchen and oversee training of banquets and production kitchen staff.
Castle Hill Inn is part of the Newport Restaurant Group is proud to be 100% Employee Owned. What does it mean to work for a 100% Employee Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee – you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses.
Our Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation
- Room for Career Advancement
- Sick, Holiday and Vacation paid time off for eligible positions
- Excellent health, dental and flex spending account options for eligible positions
- Great 401K match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
Background and Qualifications
To be considered for the position individuals must have:
• A minimum of three years of experience is required
• Proven track record of strong leadership skills and consistent, high quality execution
• Proven problem-solving abilities with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
• Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to build relationships and manage staff at all levels
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
• Experience with high-end weddings and customized events preferred
• Hotel/resort experience preferred
• Culinary Arts degree is preferred, but we will hire candidates with a strong culinary background
If you are passionate about food, beverage, hospitality and want to be part of an employee owned company, consider joining the Castle Hill team and watch your hard work be rewarded.