Avvio is looking for a part-time Baker to join the team.
Avvio is our modern interpretation of classic Italian eatery focusing on wood-fire grilled entrees and classic Italian dishes using ingredients sourced locally and directly from Italy. Located in the heart of Garden City Center, this restaurant is a favorite among the locals! Avvio is proud to be part of the Newport Restaurant Group!
About the Position: In the Baker role, you are responsible for daily prep and production of all pastry and dessert items.
About You: You are passionate about food. You have a strong sense of urgency, great organizational skills, and a positive attitude.
- Measure, weigh and prepare ingredients according to recipe to prepare pastry and desserts
- Washes, peels, cuts, and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use
- Prepares food products as determined by recipe, technique, and procedure
- Must have flexible schedule to work during days, nights, weekends, and some holidays as needed
- Prior experience in cooking pastries and bread
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and move 25-50 pounds
- Be collaborative, using a team approach to creating an equitable workplace environment and have respectful working relationships
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Compensation – $17 – $23 / hour
- Pay based on level of prior experience
- Sick and Vacation paid time off
- Excellent health, dental and vision benefits with a flex spending account option
- Ability Assist
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- Great 401k match
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Perk Spot options
- Discounted BJ’s membership
- Holiday Appreciation Bonus
About Newport Restaurant Group: We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses! We have one of the strongest, friendliest hospitality staffs in New England. Our common goal is to make people happy through great food, great locations and great teamwork. If you feel the same, we want to hear from you.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org