Castle Hill Inn is looking for an Assistant Banquet Manager to join the team.
- Actively oversee and execute luxury events at both Castle Hill & Bohlin Weddings & Events
- Business is primarily wedding-based, with one event per location per day in most cases
- Occasional growing business of corporate events and multi-day meetings
- Event size up to 250 guests per location
- Banquet department works within and alongside Castle Hill Inn F&B department, overnight lodging, and Newport Restaurant Group
- Attend event planning meetings, fully digest event planning and standard procedures of how each event should be executed.
- Delegate and participate in event service from set-up through break-down
- Receive and verify rental orders, set up events according to floorplan with houseperson team
- Work as a team with the culinary and sales departments to seamlessly adapt to changes in plan, weather, guest preferences, etc.
- Ensure event spaces are left clean, orderly, and secure after each function
- Provide event recap notes, beverage reconciliation, and other record keeping to banquet director and banquet manager
- Exemplify a personal touch to every guest and staff interaction
- Ensure all company policies, town ordinances, and related laws are followed by all staff, guests, and vendors at all times
- Experience with banquet service and set-up required, minimum 2 seasons
- Prior leadership experience required, minimum 2 seasons
The Bohlin & Castle Hill are part of Newport Restaurant Group and we are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses.